Serves: 12 Ingredients
- 2 x 400g tins organic chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5-6 tablespoons icy cold water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoons white pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the chickpeas (reserving around 7 chickpeas to use as a garnish when serving), garlic, tahini, lemon juice and cumin in the bowl of your food processor and process until it starts to break up and become smooth.
- With the motor running, drizzle a tablespoon of icy cold water at a time through the tube on the food processor until the mixture is lovely and fluffy (only use the 6th tablespoon of water if you need it). Also make sure you scrape down the sides of the processor a couple of times to obtain the maximum smoothness.
- With the motor still running, add the salt, pepper and most of the olive oil (reserving a couple of tablespoons to use as a garnish) and process until the oil has just been incorporated. Check to see the amount of lemon juice, salt and pepper is to your taste, and adjust if necessary.
- To serve, scoop the hummus into your serving plate and using the back of a spoon make circles through the dip. Drizzle the extra oil over the top and scatter the reserved chickpeas as a garnish. Serve alongside fresh and roasted vegetables, along with some bread, for a perfect entertaining platter!
Note: The hummus will keep for 5-7 days in an airtight container in the fridge.