The caramelly sweetness of the dark muscovado sugar is so perfect with the chilli, paprika and pepper…and when roasted…you must try for yourselves, it’s sooo good!
There really is minimal work involved here and the resulting oohs and aahs make it all worth it! These roasted nuts are perfect on their own, as an accompaniment to drinks or on a cheese board!
Also, if you like even more heat, feel free to add ½ teaspoon extra of chilli powder or cayenne pepper until you reach the desired level of heat. Also if you decide to make it on the spot however don’t have the specific nuts listed below in the pantry, feel free to substitute the nuts specified with walnuts or pecans.Serves: 6Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutesIngredients
- ½ cup dark muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds
- ½ cup raw brazil nuts
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Line and then lightly grease a large oven tray.
- Mix the dark muscovado sugar, salt, cinnamon, chilli powder, pepper and paprika in a small bowl and stir with a fork to remove any lumps.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white until it is frothy before adding the nuts and sugar ‘n’ spice mixture. Toss the nuts to ensure they are well coated and then spread them out onto the oven tray.
- Pop the tray in the oven and allow to roast for 45 minutes, making sure to turn the nuts once at about the 25 minute mark.
- Allow to cool a little before serving to allow the nuts to set.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sometimes you want a bowl of a special little something on offer when entertaining or just to have on hand when the munchies set in and, I tell you, these sugar ‘n’ spice nuts are delicious!