- 600mL thickened cream
- 395g can reduced sugar condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean extract with seeds
- 250g plum jam (see the Cook’s Notes below for a recipe to make your own)
- Wafer sticks, to serve
- Toasted sliced almonds, to serve
- Place the thickened cream in the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk until the cream starts forming stiff peaks. It is best if you start on a low speed so you won’t have the cream splatter everywhere before increasing the speed to a high setting.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla to the cream and whisk for a couple of minutes until it is well combined. Pour into a freezer safe container which has an airtight lid.
- Place large dollops of the jam into the cream mixture. Use a bamboo skewer to gently swirl the jam through the ice cream. Seal and freeze for at least 8 hours or until solid.
- To serve, remove the container from the freezer and stand at room temperature for a few minutes. Scoop the ice cream into waffle cones or latte glasses and finish off by adding a wafer stick or sprinkling toasted sliced almonds over the top.
To make your own plum jam, place 3 cups water into a medium heavy based saucepan along with 1kg of normal white sugar. Stir over a medium-high till the sugar dissolves then lower the heat a little and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.