- 2 bunches fresh asparagus, woody ends trimmed, then cut in half
- 150g sugar snap peas, ends trimmed and spine removed
- 150g snow peas, ends trimmed and spine removed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, very finely chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 150g mixed lettuce, baby rocket and baby spinach leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 continental cucumber (or two Lebanese cucumbers), thinly sliced
- ½ cup parmigiana reggiano, shaved
- ½ cup slivered almonds, roasted
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove the asparagus and place in a colander. Refresh under running cold water to prevent them from cooking any further. Drain well and set aside.
- In the meantime, add the sugar snap peas and snow peas to the boiling water. Cook for 1 minute before draining and refreshing under running cold water. Drain well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mint, zest, juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place the mixed leaves in your serving bowl. Add the asparagus, sugar snap peas, snow peas, radishes and sliced cucumber. Scatter over the parmigiano reggiano and almonds.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.
Leave a comment